At long last, the fourth puzzle pack, albeit several months later than I wanted. As this is a companion to the Fillomino-fillia 2 test and serves as its solution booklet, this pack is coauthored with mathgrant, who actually wrote more of the puzzles than I did.
If you did all of the Fillomino-fillia 2 puzzles on the test and preview series, don’t pass over this. You have only done 26 Fillominos in all. This pack has 56 total puzzles, so you’re not even half done.
This pack contains
- The rules and a walkthrough for an example for Fillomino
- 9 puzzles using the standard rules, including a large 20 by 36 brought to you by mathgrant
- 10 puzzles representing all variations from Fillomino-fillia 1
- 4 puzzles of each of the six variations from Fillomino-fillia 2: one easier 7 by 7, the two test puzzles, and the preview
- 4 additional Fillomino-fillia 2 rejects: a Liar, a Snake, and two No-rectangles
- 4 puzzles representing 3 new variations, which may appear on a tentative test for next year that might be called Fillomino-fillia 3
- 4 chimera puzzles combining other variations in the pack
- A fifth chimera puzzle: the FF2 version of last year’s Potpourri
- Hints and solutions for all puzzles
Reporting of errors can be done by comments here or by email.
There will probably not even be progress on Volume V until 2013, as there are Mystery Hunt things to be done.